2.8
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I have owned two Rowenta irons in three years. Both stopped working a few months after the ONE YEAR WARRANTY EXPIRED!

The product is great when it works, but I last purchased the model DW5183 which set me back close to $90.00 (on sale). My wife bought a Eureka for less than half the price and hers is still working like new. I called Rowenta customer service today and I had to follow the prompts three times before I finally gave up and simply sked to speak to a representative. I asked about repairing my iron and was told to send it to a repair center in Michigan (I live in Illinois) at my expense.

They would then give me an estimate of what it would cost to repair it, which would take several weeks. I didn't ask, but based on my experience with this company, I'm sure, I would have to pay for the return shipping charges. I decided it would be more cost effective and more convenient to buy a Eureka (or use my wife's). I thought I was buying the Mercedes Benz of irons, instead I bought a Yugo (for those of you who are too young to remember Yugo, it was a Yugoslavian car from the '80's that has been panned as the worst car ever).

Based on the other reviews I read, this company doesn't get it.

I hope anyone who has purchase a Rowenta product will contact cpsc.gov to complain. They need to learn a little about customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rowenta Dw5183 Iron.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Very difficult to communicat via telephone.

Comments